Monday, May 4, 2009

Pearly Whites.

Jackson had his first dentist appointment today. I have been discussing it with him lately so that he knew what to expect. While telling him good night Sunday night, I reminded him that when he wakes up, we will eat breakfast, and then we will be heading to the dentist.

This morning when Jackson woke up he found me in the kitchen. Normally he is my alarm clock, but this morning I was already dressed and ready to go. This must have reminded him that we had somewhere to go because he said, "Mommy! You up? We going to the dentist today?" When I said "yes" he started running around like crazy! He was so excited!

I was scared when he first sat down. I wrote on his paper work that he was sensitive to red dye, so as the dental hygienist went to switch some things out, Jackson watched a little girl who was screaming! She was probably around 3. Bless her mom's heart. I know, I should probably say "bless HER heart," but I felt worse for the mom.

*I didn't want to take too many pictures for the fear of scaring Jackson (or other kids...), so I apologize for not having the greatest pictures.



Jackson was very calm. I could tell he trusted and liked the dental hygienist, but I knew by his face he was still a little unsure about the whole situation. He was wonderful!!



We got a great report on his teeth. Everything looked perfect and we survived!

Tonight when I was putting him to bed, I told him I was proud of him for doing so well at the dentist today. He said "I opened my mouth like this for the dentist - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

5 comments:

Marla said...

Glad you had a good experience at the dentist! It gives me hope! :)

Does Jackson brush his teeth morning AND night? We're lucky to get it done once a day! Any secrets?

Sis said...

How did you know to take him to the dentist? LOL! For those that don't know, I asked Kelli once how she knew to brush Jackson's teeth. She said "ummm because he has them!" Tell Jackson to call me today b/c I went to the dentist yesterday too.

Karen Cupcake said...

how cute! I remember those days....
and I have some Really Cool ones from seans braces days.. :O)

Kristy said...

Awww Jackson is getting so big! He is lucky to have such a good mommy!

Kristin said...

Sorry I am just getting around to reading your blog. That is SO great that Jackson did so well!! I still don't like going to the dentist and I am old!!