Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jackson's Craft.

I TRY to do some kind of hands on craft type thing with Jackson daily. In reality, finding projects for an active 2 year old boy isn't always the easiest thing to do. I know it isn't WHAT we make that is important, it is about the communication while doing it, the concentration, fine motor skills, etc. HOWEVER, for Jackson it has to be exciting and I know I only have a short span of time before I lose his interest.

In honor of tonight's Mavs game, I thought I would share today's craft with you. I sprayed a paper plate with spray glue, he tore up construction paper (Garrett helped with that!) and stuck the orange pieces everywhere. I used normal Elmer's glue to draw the lines and he stuck the black pieces on the lines to make a basketball.

Here is his masterpiece :)


***********************************************************

Random quote from Jackson today that I thought was funny:

Me: "Hey Pork Chop, whatcha doing?" (I don't know why I called him a pork chop??)

Jackson: "I'm not a pork chop!"

Me: "You're not? What are you?"

Jackson: "I'm an onion!"

3 comments:

Bam Bam said...

I love his art work. What a good job! Go Mavericks! I had to laugh out loud at how he answered your question. Such a silly boy! Tell them both I love them.

Kristin said...

How funny!!! What a great craft idea!! Your such a great mommy!!!

The Thomas Times said...

You definatley need more kids you have WAY too much time on your hands!!!