Monday, July 27, 2009

A "Real" Big Boy Bed.

Jackson's bed arrived Friday!!

The bed was shipped from San Antonio, but I ordered his dresser online....so the dresser won't be delivered until August 11th (which I think is a little ridiculous since we ordered it July 12th....but whatever!) I am a little OCD, so having only part of his room complete is driving me nuts.
Telling Daddy how to take apart his crib -
Jackson likes telling his Daddy what to do....
I wonder where he gets that from?!?!
hmmmm.........

Garrett LOVES his brother's new bed!

Here's half of the room.....(actually less than 1/2)


I was on my way to bed the other night and couldn't find Rigley. He found a new spot to sleep -


First night in his new bed was a breeze....no problems at all!

How do they grow up so fast?? I seems like I just laid him down in his crib for the first time -

On a different note, Aaron and I have decided to put our house on the market. We have thought about doing this for awhile now, but never follow through with it. I just have issues with making our home a house.....taking down family pictures so a buyer can picture their own family in the home, removing some furniture pieces to feel more spacious, clearing off counters, storing some toys.....basically making our house cozy yet plain.
I know the "summer moving window" is coming to a close and the faster we can get it on the market the better. However, due to our location I feel there will be less potential buyers, so I just want everything to be perfect from the start. People could go right up the road and build a new home by our builder. We have things we have added to our house that gives us an advantage over building, so I want the inside to be clean and ORGANIZED like a new home would be......and that means down to the spice rack. Aaron made major fun of me for this, but I'm sorry....an organized spice rack and organized closets is a sign that the homeowner has taken great care of the house. Wouldn't you agree?

We are unsure where we want to move exactly. We have an idea, but nothing set in stone. Who knows if or when a "SOLD" sign will be going in our yard. We're not in a situation where we have to move, so we're not going to just give it away. My goal is to have the house ready and have the realtor come out after Jackson's dresser is delivered.
So.....know anyone who wants to move?! 1 acre, 4 bedroom, 2 bath.....it's a beauty....any takers?!?!?! If you mention this blog you will get $10 off at closing!!!!! :)

4 comments:

Marla said...

I love the new bed and room! And it is too cute how Wrigley sleeps on the pillows in his floor!

Sis said...

As much as I like the new bed, I have to say I love the pics of Rigley the best!!!

Kristin said...

I love the new bed Kelli, very nice!! Glad it was a breeze his first night!

I thought the picture of Rigley was pretty cute myself!! :)

Sis said...

BTW - I have to learn about yall moving by reading your blog? Who are you??? A celeb whose family finds things out through the "media." This is earth-shattering! I think the new Super Target by my house should be considered when deciding on a place to live! Aunt M can babysit - awesome!!!