Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Toddler Cafe

I don't generally believe in cooking an adult meal and cooking a kids meal. Our kids eat what we eat. If they don't like it, they better be okay with a hungry belly. However, I obviously keep the kids in mind when planning our meals and try to avoid spicy foods, limit the onions, etc.

Lunch time is when I normally serve a more kid inspired meal. Lately I have been trying to spice up their lunch menu, so I pulled out my Toddler Cafe cookbook the other day. This is the cookbook I got the recipe for the Pea Pops I made several months ago that I blogged about.


The 2 things I made for Jackson and Garrett last week were basically about presentation. For example, spice up a classic grilled cheese sandwich by cooking it on a waffle maker. Something so simple! Jackson isn't the biggest fan of meat, but because he was so excited about eating a waffle sandwich I was able to sneak some chicken on it.

This is a Banana Hot Dog. It's a banana on a hot dog bun with peanut butter (hold the peanut butter for Garrett) and jelly. I used squeezable jelly and then put peanut butter in a baggie and cut a hole in the corner of the bag. I squeezed them on the banana like you would mustard and ketchup on a hot dog. Jackson loved it & Garrett was a sticky mess!

I found that the author of this book also has a blog if you other toddler mommas are interested: The Toddler Cafe

2 comments:

Justin and Shelly said...

That is too cute! I will have to use that one day. I LOVE how you did your pictures too. I am guessing you are already a pro on photoshop :)

Anonymous said...

when did you get photoshop!;o)