Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Family Tree is Growing!

Photobucket
Photobucket
When my sister calls me, it is typically on her way to her next meeting, on her way home from work, or she is bored and wants to chat. I am the stay at home mom, while she works long stressful hours.....so you know.....she calls me, her sister that is always available to talk. My one and two year old actually just finished cleaning the house, folding laundry, making me breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and when they get home from running all the family errands and picking up their toys and broken crayons, they are going to rub my feet while I chat on the phone. Right?! ;)

A few weeks ago our house phone rang. I didn't know where the phone was, possibly in a toy box, but since we have caller ID on the TV I knew my sister was calling. I was cooking dinner, tripping over toys, and had a toddler clinging to my leg. I had my cell phone near by, so I told myself if it was anything important she would call my cell. Less than 10 minutes later, she called the house phone again.

I know my sister loves to talk to me (hehe), but I thought maybe she actually needed something so I found the house phone, called my sister, and continued cooking. I had the big Kitchen Aid mixer going while I called her. She asked me to turn the mixer off because it was a little loud. I blew her request off and continued cooking knowing Aaron was at work and I only had a short amount of time to get dinner on the table before I had two screaming little boys.

Finally, over the sound of the mixer, she said "Well, I was just wondering....do you want a new niece or nephew?" (turned mixer off) "WHAT!!!! ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?!?! Wait! What? Start over!! I have the mixer off now!!!"

So, I am proud to announce that my sister is pregnant! I can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew in April and watch my sister fall in love with her favorite job yet....being a mother!

Congratulations Sis and Ricky!

7 comments:

Marla said...

Congrats to you all! How exciting!

Sis said...

YEA!!! LOL!!! I think what you actually said was "WHAT??? I'LL THROW THIS FOOD IN THE TRASH, START FROM THE BEGINNING!" Now I've got to work on getting one of those "stay at home mom gigs." :-)

Justin and Shelly said...

For a second there...when I only saw the pic...I thought you were about to announce that you were pregnant! I was certain that Aaron was on his way to Mexico, and after our night last night, Justin was going to join him. Hahaha! JK! CONGRATS Melissa and Ricky! Let the fun begin :)

Aunt Kelly said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I AM CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ALL OF THE STORIES!!!!!! CALL ME AND TELL ME ALL THE DETAILS! LOVE YOU GUYS!

PawPaw said...

This is a heck of a way to tell your FATHER that he is going to get another GRANDSON. Awesome. Glad you told me. Does your mother know yet?

Kristin said...

Congrats to all of you!! I am excited for you Melissa!

Sis said...

Thanks everyone! We're excited too! I think yesterday was the first time Ricky's ever read this blog and he said "Your sister writes all of this? How does she have time? I said "Because she's a stay-at-home mom!" LOL!!! Just kidding, I know you stay busy.