Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas with Harleigh

(I am behind in blogger. This was from last Friday!)

Ricky has Harleigh on Christmas Eve, so my sister and Ricky use that day as their "Santa Christmas morning" and then the rest of the day with Ricky's family. We have always done something before Christmas with Harleigh so that my parents and our family can give Harleigh her gifts and then my sister gives the boys their gifts so Harleigh can see the boys open theirs from them. Did you understand all that?! ;) Okay...now for the pictures....

Cupcakes. When I was making these Jackson said "Mommy! You forgot to put HoHo's (Santa's) face under his hat!"
While my dad ran to the store, you will never guess who knocked on the front door.....
Santa!!! The boys couldn't believe their eyes!



And the fear sets in....


At first Jackson just stood by Santa and told him what he wanted for Christmas -
"I want a toy wee-weeder (weed eater), a toy chain saw, a toy blower, and a toy bike."
Getting a little more brave....
Although Garrett was scared to sit in his lap, he wanted to give Santa a bite of his pretzel -


Garrett didn't really enjoy this moment -


We told Jackson he had to sing Santa a Christmas song -
We thought we were successful. When Santa left however, Jackson saw a pillow that had Santa on it. He said "This HoHo isn't the pretend Pawpaw HoHo." I don't know what he was talking about........I explained how that really was Santa and Pawpaw was at the store. I think he understood, but I didn't ask him about it much more....

Presents.....
Garrett decided to take his Thomas the Train to the stairs to protect it from others....

The kids dancing! I think Harleigh is secretly starting to think the boys are fun!
Watching them dance was funny! Garrett always copies Jackson. However, when Harleigh is around, it is one big domino effect. Harleigh does something....Jackson copies Harliegh....and then Garrett coping Jackson. It was pretty cute!
Harleigh reading "The Potty Train" to Jackson and Garrett.

1 comments:

Sis said...

Very cute pics - I approve of all of those. :-) Funny that Harleigh is starting to think boys are fun. She made Christmas cookies with her Grandma today and she brough me one with an S on it for Savannah - I think she might secretly be starting to like her new sister....