Thursday, January 28, 2010

Run Aaron, Run!!!

About a month ago, Aaron, his brother Michael, my mom, and I were talking and somehow we got on the topic of running. Aaron said he could run 4 miles right now without a problem. My mom and Michael laughed and told him there was absolutely no way considering he hasn't been running at all lately....(it has been several....several....several....weeks....months...?? You get my point!)

I laughed, but then I agreed with Aaron.

#1 - You know some people enjoy running and some people can be in great shape, but just don't like to actually run. Well Aaron has always been one to like running.

#2 - If you tell Aaron he can't do something - he gets mad and it only encourages him. He hates to lose. We actually have trouble playing board games together. :)

I agreed that Aaron probably could run 4 miles, he may need to be hospitalized afterwards, but he could do it.

Fast forward to last Saturday. We were eating lunch with my parents, the 4 miles were brought up, I still agreed with Aaron, but then I was observing how much lasagna he was eating. I said "You know Aaron, I am kind of unsure if you could run 4 miles." [silence....I am sure Aaron had some bad things he wanted to say to me at this point....]

Well......that was all it took. Aaron took a few more [big] bites because he needed to "carb" up before his run, jumped into his truck to measure the distance, came back t0 the house to get dressed, and off he ran.......
<span class=
And ran and ran.....

Jackson cried every time Aaron ran by because he wanted to run with Daddy.
<span class=

<span class=
"I WANT TO RUN WITH DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
<span class=

<span class=
Since Bam Bam already had on her work out gear, she had the honors of running with Jackson since he tried to chase Aaron after every lap.
<span class=
When Aaron completed his 4 miles, Jackson ran down to meet him at the stop sign. Mom and I laughed that Aaron was probably telling him in his strong dad voice - "Son, never let anyone tell you that you can't do something!" Sure enough when they were finished talking Aaron said to us, "I told Jackson to never let anyone tell you that you can't do something....."
<span class=
Then he laid on the floor while he called his brother Michael......
<span class=

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Haha how funny... Good for you Aaron!!

Marla said...

That's a great story! I smiled the whole time I was reading it!! Good job, Aaron! :)