Friday, December 12, 2008

I like my little bubble. It's free of crazy people.

I am a homebody. I would be perfectly happy staying at home 7 days a week with an occasional trip to Starbucks. Aaron and my family sometimes get annoyed with that. When I hear the word VACATION, I think of staying at home in my cotton comfortable pants (cotton SHORTS for summer). Most people want to actually go on a vacation. Not me. Too stressful.

So, as you can imagine, being a stay at home mom is the perfect job for me. I never get depressed being at home. What is there not to like. I still get out of the house, but when we have errands to run I try to do them on weekdays and before 5:00 to avoid traffic. I drive through Down Town Dallas often and it doesn't bother me as long as I am not in 5:00 traffic.

I left my house around 4:45 today to go pick up pictures from Photography by Cupcake. I know that is right around rush hours, but I figured I would be going against traffic so I would be fine. Oh no.....people are crazy!! I can drive in traffic during the day with just as many cars and it does not compare to driving through traffic around 5:00. People that work 8 to 5 jobs are crazy on the road! (Oh...I am not being mean....you know you are!!!!) I know I probably used to drive in that and I was fine with it, but I don't know if it is because I now have precious cargo in my car (Jackson and Garrett) or what, but those people scare me.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that DART buses (and 5:00 traffic people) had to follow the same laws as we do. Their definition of a blinker - here I come, ready or not. HELLO!!! Use your side mirror...I am right here and I don't have anywhere to go.

Those darn crazy people. From now on, I am staying at home, in my little bubble, in my cotton comfortable pants. If you see me on the road, it will be a weekday between the hours of 8:01 and 4:59 (back in the bubble from 12:00-1:00) when all those crazy people are at work.

Can't you tell I am going to LOVE fighting the crowd next week to see Santa. Do you think I can just find a Santa to come to my house?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I am the same way... It should be interesting to see how we handle all the crazy people out on Tuesday when we go see Santa!! Also, I deal with those crazy people everyday at work.. haha.

Anonymous said...

I got the santa suit.. hehehe.. come in the bubble hours and pick it up for SOMEONE two wear...:: ahem:: and you can have santa at your very door! ;O)

Thanks for braving the traffic.. and the holiday christmas card story you emailed me about.. Made my night!