Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mommy, WOW! I'm a Big Boy NOW!

I am planning on March to be "THE MONTH....", the month we start pushing POTTY TRAINING. Jackson will be 2 and a half in March, and his doctor said to start being more aggressive at 2 and a half. So, while laying in bed last night I started thinking - If he is going to be potty trained, he would need to be allowed to get out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the restroom. How could he get out of bed if he is still in a crib?! I then decided it is time to convert his crib into a toddler bed. I don't want to deal with TWO new things at one time, so I figured we would tackle the big boy (toddler) bed now.

When I get a thought it my head, I do it...right then. I am not one to wait for my husband to get home to help me. I got out the drill and did my thing. It was going great until I had to drill into metal that didn't have pre-cut holes. Thinking that Aaron wouldn't be home until after the boys went to bed tonight, I called my Dad and luckily he was in Dallas and would be passing our house on his way home. He came over to help me and as it turned out, Pottery Barn Kids sent us the wrong conversion kit. It works for now, but the front bar is a little short as you can see in one of the pictures below. They are sending us a new one....

So far, So good! He is very excited about his "new" bed. When I put him to bed tonight, he acted as if nothing had changed. I never heard from him and he never tried to get out of bed.

He loves having the quilt on his bed. I tried giving him his blanket tonight and he said "No, Mom." Garrett gave up the bottle this week and Jackson moved out of his crib, I am not ready for Jackson to give up his little green blanket. The little green blanket was made by my Aunt Ruth and I had a little green blanket too made by Aunt Ruth. Me and the boys have a "blanket connection." If it were up to me, they would continue using their blankets when they are married. Tonight I just laid it at the foot of his bed in case he wanted it, and sure enough he had it on when I went to check on him. That a boy!!

Hopefully he will stay in his bed all night and we will not see 2 big brown eyes looking at us in the middle of the night. :)

This is not the best picture, but I had to take a picture of his first night "out of jail."

On a different note, Aaron and I both got new cell phones and they were delivered to our house tonight. Aaron gets very excited about new cell phones. He is on the phone with Sprint right now and I just heard him say "I know it says that it is recommended that the phones be charged for 24 hours before using, but 6 hours should be enough....right?" Oh goodness, he makes me laugh!


Kristin said...

His bed looks so cute!! Growing to be a big boy!! :)

Anonymous said...

PawPaw's new helper. Love it.