Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jackson's baby...

When I was pregnant with Garrett, my sister in law Carissa, bought Jackson a baby doll to help prepare him for the arrival of Garrett. Aaron, like all men,had very unpleasant things to say about the baby doll and never liked the idea, but I thought it was sweet. Jackson showed some interest in the baby doll back then, but nothing much...it ended up with the rest of the toys in the toy box. Well, the other day, he discovered the baby doll. For the past few days he has really been taking care of his baby. He will get one of Garrett's diapers out of the drawer (I think it is funny that he knows to get Garrett's and not his own) and try to put a diaper on the baby, feed the baby a bottle, put the baby in the swing, burp the baby WITH a burp cloth on his shoulder, etc. It is very sweet! [minus the occasional "throw the baby across the room"] But as if our nightly bed time routine is not long enough with both boys...we now have another little baby we have to read to and put to bed. Tonight while we were cleaning up (see another story about this below) he took his baby into his room, got a book, and sat in the chair and "read" to his baby. How sweet is that!?!?!?! So I played along and Jackson and I put the baby to bed on a blanket in Jackson's room. I was not about the put the baby to bed in Jackson's bed.....I am okay with Jackson taking care of the baby, but I would not be okay if Jackson slept with a baby doll. That's too far...and my husband would totally lose it then. He is such a sweetheart. He is going to be a good Daddy one day.

Occasionally while we are cleaning up we will sing "Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody, Everywhere...Clean Up, Clean Up, Everybody do their share!" I never really thought Jackson paid much attention to me. But tonight as we were cleaning up he started singing "Bean Up, Bean Up, Bean Up....." all on his own!! See...someone does enjoy my singing!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story today! ;o))
I would love to be a fly on the wall watching him! sweet!