Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mommy and Me Day.

The boys and I had a nice day together.  We started off by going to story time at North Park.  They have a story time called Tickles for Toddlers for 2-3 year olds.  I find it amusing that both of my children fit into that category.  However, when I told the boys that they could both go because it was for two AND three year olds, Jackson said "Well Mommy, I don't think I can do that because I am three AND A HALF."  Little stinker.

I only took pictures of them in the library before story time started because I didn't want to be THAT mom with the camera in such a small area.  

I love watching Jackson and Garrett around other kids.  I think they are going to be good little students one day.  They will be the boys that are angels at school and CRAZY at home....which makes me wonder if it would be a good or bad thing to teach at their school when I go back to work.
After story time, I took them to the Lego store.  They are completely into Legos right now.  Aaron's brother, Michael, got them a fire station Lego set for Christmas and I feel like every second of every day I hear from the playroom, "MOMMY!  COME BUILD THE FIRE STATION WITH ME!!"  I will build it with Jackson, Garrett will knock it down when I leave the room, and then I hear "MOMMY!  GARRETT BROKE IT!  MOMMY! COME BUILD THE FIRE STATION WITH ME!"  It tends to be a never ending process.  

Even though we have more than just the fire station, I feel like most of his Legos came as a kit (fire station, gas station, etc) and when Jackson was younger, I made the mistake of always helping him build what they were 'supposed' to be.  So, now even though I will show him how it doesn't have to be JUST a fire station, he has a hard time naturally thinking that way about those Legos.  Make sense?

Today even though we did buy another kit, I was sure to come home and make several things right from the start - a house, a ship, the tower like the entrance to our neighborhood, a dog, and just random things so he didn't think Legos always have to be like the picture on the box they came in.    

After the Lego store (I wish I would have taken a picture of them there) we ate lunch - 
I know, not the best pictures, but I am just documenting our day.
On the way home from the mall, we stopped at Target because the whole way home my OCD was setting in and I was really worried on how I was going to store even more Legos when we already had trouble storing the ones we had.  I decided on this basket and wrote Legos on the front on the chalkboard.  I figured it would hold them all and it is big enough that if needed they could actually play basketball with their Legos when it is clean up time.  Legos make me so very thankful that we have a playroom that we don't have to walk through or clean up every night.  
Tonight, the 4 of us had to run to Lowe's (I feel like we always HAVE to run to Lowe's).  While Aaron was getting a cart, the boys hopped onto these.  I could only imagine the damage they could cause on these!
  

0 comments: