Monday, June 21, 2010

10 Year Reunion

I had my 10 year class reunion last weekend.  Several month ago, when I got the Save the Date card, I just assumed I would go.  However, as it got closer, I started to change my mind.

I think reunions are different now because everyone knows what everyone is doing thanks to Facebook.  I also think that at one time, a lot of people from our class were planning on attending, but as time got closer and people were saying on their Facebook status that they were not going to the reunion, it just started to look like it wasn't going to be as good as we once thought.  I decided I wasn't going to go.....

Then, I started to feel the pressure of going from several friends, but I still wasn't all that motivated to go.

The Thursday before the reunion, I just started thinking - it will PROBABLY be lame, but what if it isn't?!  What if I miss something good?!  And really, if there are a handful of us going and a bar....we can make it fun!!  And that's just what we did!

There were a lot of people there, but not a lot when you compare it to how big our graduating class was.  It started off kind of quiet and awkward and I worried that Aaron and I just threw $71 per person down the drain, but after a few [maybe too many!] trips to the bar, I think mostly everyone was having a good time.  I really did have a good time and I am glad that we decided to go.

There was a photographer there to capture the night, so I really didn't take that many pictures.  I will share the other ones with you when we have access to them....

0 comments: