Thursday, March 4, 2010

We Love Sunshine!

After breakfast this morning my mom reminded me that I should call the local library to find out if they have story time. We called and as it turned out they were having a story time at 10:00 and they would be celebrating Dr. Suess' birthday.


I talked about taking the boys to that and Aaron said if we do that than he is going to go for a run while we were gone. At this point Jackson cried, "I don't want to go to the birthday party!!! I want to run with Daddy!"
We kind of tried to talk him out of it since Aaron wanted to have a "real run", but then realized we were talking him out of exercising, so we agreed to let him go with Aaron for a little bit....

(Video)
After their little run, (which was actually a good distance for Jackson) Garrett, Rigley, and I joined them. We gave Jackson the option of us bringing the double stroller or him walking. He said he wanted to walk, so Garrett rode solo in the single stroller. Jackson walked about a mile at our pace! I was shocked how well he did....but then again, Jackson has the energy that Aaron did as a kid. He never stops!

When we got back, the boys got to ride on their four wheeler -
Helping Garrett....
I LOVE this picture!!! I hope they always remain best friends!
After lunch, we gathered pinecones so we could make bird feeders. They loved searching for the pinecones and pouring the bird seed on the table, but they quickly lost interest. This is where boys are so different than girls! I think my days of crafts with them are numbered.
They did want to stand on the stool to help me hang them, but that was only because they like to jump off the stool and crash into the grass. Why are boys so weird different?
Aaron working on the sprinkler system -
The boys REALLY wanted to help.
"DADDY!!!"

Fun with sidewalk chalk!


3 comments:

Snider Family said...

What a fun day! I (secretly) hope I have another girl. Nothing beats same sex siblings, the relationship is just so wonderful. They are for sure life long best friends!

Kristin said...

That is cute... good job Jackson!!!

I love the picture of the boys together too!! They will be so close and BFF!!!

Marla said...

Looks like ya'll had a great day!

It's funny because I remember so vividly making those pine cone bird feeders in the first grade.