Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What to do with extra painters tape.

With our house on the market, we have some of our big furniture we can live without in storage at my parent’s office.  One of those pieces of furniture is the train table, however we still have the train track pieces at home.  On special days, when I am okay with having a big mess of train tracks, I will help Jackson put it together on the entry way floor since it is a flat surface.  However, it always becomes a fight between Jackson and Garrett.  Just when Jackson builds the track perfect, Garrett will come by and destroy it.  “Mommy, I want to play with my train track” is one of the requests I secretly don’t love hearing.  It’s like saying “Mommy, I want to get really mad at my brother today!” or “Mommy, I want you to trip over my train track 1,000 times today!” 

The other day when I heard Jackson mention his train track, but he hadn’t directly asked me to get it out yet, I decided to be proactive and try something new.  I saw this idea on another blog and it worked great!  Make a road with painters tape and a little black sharpie!  Jackson was satisfied, Garrett didn’t have anything he could knock down, and I didn’t have 100 pieces of train track to trip over.  Everyone was happy! 

005001004 Garrett’s choice of cars are a little too big!  Perfect example of one of the ways he would destroy the other train track -  :) 003

A few random things -

1)  For those that left a comment on the last blog post saying that I should start a side business, you are all very sweet!  I actually have several orders coming up for the holidays.  One of the orders is for 200+ cake balls that will be used for wedding favors.  Others are for people to take to holiday parties and a wedding shower.  I love baking and creative projects, so earning a little extra cash here and there while doing something I enjoy is always nice!  So….I do have a LITTLE side business going, so e-mail me if you need anything!                 jordan8082@sbcglobal.net 

2)  If you click HERE, you can see Jackson’s Thanksgiving craft from last year.  It was featured on Tip Junkie today, which is one of my favorite websites!  Awhile back, the cakeball favors I made for Shelly’s baby shower were also featured on her site.  You can find that link HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I had to laugh when I read this. We have a train table also and its one of Austin's favorite things to play with. My husband will spend hours with him building a whole city of tracks and different building and when no one is looking, Carson will climb up on the table and destroy everything. He laughs and laughs and thinks its a game but it makes Austin sooooo upset.

Justin and Shelly said...

So you are just a famous blogger, huh?! Haha! So cool! The cupcakes turned out wonderful!!