Monday, November 9, 2009

Stressed. Best time to blog.

It’s 2:30 on Saturday and the phone rings.  They want to show our house between 3:00-4:00.  Luckily since it was Saturday, a day I know people house hunt, the house was pretty clean.  But, I still only had THIRTY minutes to make it perfect and wake Garrett up from his nap…..his nap that I had put him down for at about 2:15.  Long story short, I did the whole turbo clean thing and threw the boys and the dog in the car and off we went.  I felt like a woman on the run hiding from someone like they do on Lifetime movies.  “Hurry boys!  Get in the car!  They’re be here any second!” 

Normally, we will drive around, but on this day I didn’t feel like it.  So….we sat in my car a few houses down.  Aaron got home from work, parked his truck behind my car, and we all waited.  The people arrived at our house…….and we waited…….and waited……….and waited.  They were at our house for an hour and a half.  Aaron was convinced they were eating all of our food.  ha!  Jackson at one point said “I need to go pee-pee.”  At this point we didn’t want to take him somewhere to go potty because we wanted to see if they were going to be loading up their cars with our belongings since they had been there so long!!  :)  We were sitting in front of a friend’s house, so Aaron let Jackson out of the car and behind the car door, take care of his business.  (Boys…..why do they have it so easy?!)  About 5 minutes later, Garrett started reaching for his door handle while saying “poo-poo, poo-poo!”  Clearly he was tired of being in the car and thought he would copy Jackson.  (FYI – No Garrett is not potty trained and no he didn’t really have to go “poo-poo!”)

This happens to be the same man that was interested in it a few weeks ago.  He put in an offer, but it was lower than what we would like.  We counter offered back and now we wait.  We wait to hear if we will be “homeless” for Christmas since he wants to close on or before December 11th. 

Through all this, Aaron and I are really leaning towards taking it off the market at the end of our contract if this deal doesn’t work out.  I’m just to the point where I hate having it on the market.  I hate feeling stressed, when I don’t have to be.  I hate that I will sometimes choose not to randomly take the boys to the park for a little while, only because it is not worth making the house spotless before going.  (keep in mind we don’t live close to anything, so we don’t have time to be back before it shows) And honestly, even though it would probably drive me crazy, I can’t wait for the day we can just walk out the door and beds can be unmade if we ran out of time to make them, laundry can be piled up if I simply didn’t have time to get to it because I wanted to build a Lego tower with Jackson and Garrett instead, and if Jackson and Garrett made a fort in the living room with chairs and blankets, we can just leave it there for when we return.  I can even leave the house with my bras hanging up to dry in the laundry room if I want to!!!!!!  I just want our normal life back.  Yes, I hope this deal works.  I really hope this deal works.  I really want to move.  But at the same time, if we’re not going to move, let’s just make the most of being here.

That’s that.  I probably shouldn’t have said anything about the offer, because it will probably result in me having to blog about it not working out.  However, even though I told myself I shouldn’t blog about it, I am…..it just feels like the right thing to do tonight.            

 

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah, Kelli! We are at that same point too. With another baby coming, we just want to take ours off the market and it's hard living that way! I will keep the deal in my prayers, though!!