Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our home is now a house.

This was mine and Aaron's first house.
It was the house that we brought all of our wedding presents to as newlyweds.

We were the first owners of this house, so we worked hard to do some things to make it what we wanted it to be.
[house1[8].jpg]

We thought our house was big. Four bedrooms....what in the world could we ever do with 4 bedrooms!? Little did we know...

It was just Aaron and I with our dog, Barney. We loved that dog. It was in this house that Barney spent his last few days while I cried and cried and cried....

It was only a few months before this, that we were told we would have trouble becoming pregnant. I wasn't sure if there would ever be a baby in our future.

It was in this house that at 5am in the morning, we saw the two pink lines on the pregnancy test - I was finally pregnant!

And it was in this house that we brought our first child home to....

It was in this house that we were up all hours of the night. We really didn't know what the heck we were doing. We were learning as we went.


Nine months later, it was in this house that I walked out of the bathroom and said "I'm pregnant." Jackson giggled and Aaron had a blank face.

It was in this house that I moved from the couch to the bed....couch to bed....while in labor.....trying to wait as long as possible before heading to the hospital to welcome our 2nd child.























And it was in the house that our family of 4 became complete.

This is where our children rolled over for the first time, crawled for the first time, and took their first steps across our living room floor. This is where they took their first bite of food and blew out the candle on their first birthday cake.


This is our home. This is our home that many memories were made in. However, we have spent the whole month of January making our
home back to a house.

We sold our house.
sold

Our children will probably not remember this house, but Aaron and I always will. This is where we began.

Aaron and I are beyond thrilled, but how can it not be bittersweet?

The boys sang a song on the fireplace one last time,
Jackson played in his empty room one last time,
Garrett played hide and seek one last time,
We turned off the lights for the last time, locked the doors for the last time, shut the garage for the last time, and backed down the driveway for the last time....I looked at our house with a little lump in my throat.

It's hard to believe that is not our home anymore. However....I have never loved that house. I only loved the home we made it into and the memories we created while there. More memories will be created in our new home....
DSC_7069

7 comments:

Marla said...

I'm so happy for ya'll!! Having, myself, those same feelings you described, not so long ago. What an exciting time! :)

Kristin said...

Many wonderful memories in that home, but many more to come in your soon to be new home! Congrats!!

Its Me Again Margaret said...

Your moving to Forney! In a Megatel Home. Oh, Kelli you will love Zack he is a great builder!! We love love love our Megatel home!!!

Snider Family said...

Congratulations! I was waiting to hear for sure if it sold! I can't wait to see the new home, how exciting!

Sis said...

Seriously...could you not have put a "WARNING - if you're pregnant do not read this blog" sign up????

I do have to ask, why was Jackson's 1st individual bday cake so much bigger than Little G's? That's just wrong!

Justin and Shelly said...

So sweet :)

gtaylor711 said...

That was wonderful! I read the comments before I read your blog so I was prepared. This marks the beginning of a new chapter in your families life. Enjoy it, capture it and keep blogging it because we all love keeping up with the Jordans!