Sunday, February 22, 2009

I’m Popeye The Sailor Man!

My children ate oodles of spinach today and loved every bite. I’m currently on a creative lunch kick. Today I made the Pita Pizzas from Jessica Seinfeld’s book Deceptively Delicious.

You use whole-wheat pita pockets, homemade spinach puree (which Jackson helped me make), bottled tomato sauce, and slices of mozzarella cheese. First you spread the spinach puree on the pita, cover the spinach with tomato sauce, add cheese on top, and pop in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.


The boys pigged out! They LOVED it! Since I was so proud of the both of them for eating so much spinach, I gave them both a cookie! Why not?! I felt like they needed one after a meal like that!

I now have some pretty big restrictions on my cooking creativeness. Our refrigerator is in our entryway and our oven is on its way to the garage along with the washer and dryer. They are starting our tile first thing Monday morning. This should be a very PLEASURABLE week at the Jordan house. Ha! They said 3-4 days, so they better be DONE and out by Thursday or I may be a little insane to say the least!

1 comments:

Monica Jackson said...

Yay for Deceptively Delicious!! I made the applesauce muffins this weekend, and they are GOO-ood! So are the turkey burgers.