Friday, May 30, 2008

First Ear Infection

No not Garrett....Jackson. We went TWENTY months without an ear infection.

He has had a fever and a snotty nose all week. I called the doctor and they said it will probably go away within 72 hours, but if it doesn't they would need to see him. Well, it didn't. He woke up from his nap today burning up. I called the doctor and they said to bring him in. A few hours and tears later, we found out it was an ear infection. He has such a bad cough and his little voice is raspy. This is his first time to really be sick.

He was sweet when we were walking around Walgreens waiting for his prescription to be ready. (Garrett was at home with Aaron) We walked down the baby aisle and every picture we saw of a baby, Jackson would say in his little snotty, raspy voice, "Bubba." As soon as we got home, he walked over to Garrett and gave him a kiss. He missed his little brother while he was at the doctor.

So.....what will we be doing next week? Taking care of Garrett, because you know he is going to be sick next. Hopefully not....

Garrett is doing well! He has been teasing us at night with his sleeping. Three nights in a row he woke up only ONE time. We thought we were making some progress, but now he is back to 1:30ish and 4:30ish.

Christy....Shut up! I know little Miss Corlee has been sleeping through the night for awhile now. I had bad thoughts about you a few nights ago when Garrett was wide awake from about 1:00 to 4:00. It was a very pleasant night! I should have called you. Your daughter may be sleeping through the night, but look what the UPS man brought us the other day for FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!!
That's a 3 month supply! And when it is gone....I will get a refill for $15 more dollars. How freaken awesome is that?! One can normally cost $25, but with Aaron's wonderful insurance, we get 12 cans for $15. I was so excited about this I built a little formula tower! :) (Don't worry Christy, you know me...they are now nicely stacked in our pantry)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We are packing my classroom this weekend. Fun stuff!! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO amazing that ya'll get the formula for that price!!! I am counting down the number of weeks and cans we have left before Parker can switch to whole milk!