Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby Update

I went to the doctor today and I have made some more progress. (I didn't think I was being checked today, but I was!) I am now dilated to a 2 and I am 25% effaced. She also "stripped my membranes," which is a new term to me. Basically to my understanding, it separates the amniotic sac from the uterine wall. This is supposed to speed things up. She said sometimes it makes girls go into labor that night or in a few days and for some it doesn't change the speed of things at all. Just by feeling, she thinks he weighs about 7 and a half pounds right now. At this point, he will gain around a pound a week...so I am ready to get things going.

I was still "okay" with being pregnant. I know I will miss feeling his little kicks and hiccups inside my tummy. That is an amazing thing! I know this might be my last pregnancy, so I was still kind of enjoying it. Now, emotionally, I am done! I am ready for him to be here. I am ready to have my energy back. I am ready to be able to keep up with Jackson again and get up and down off the floor without a problem. So Garrett....Come on....I am ready whenever you are!!

0 comments: