Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Breech equals C-Section

Today I went to the doctor and had a lot of questions answered. Garrett is still breech. His head and feet are up and his bottom is down. He is measuring two weeks bigger than how many weeks pregnant I am, which as we already knew means that he is big.

Last month we talked about possibly trying to turn him, however, I am not a good candidate for this. My stomach is very tight (yes, I took this as a compliment) and there is not any extra room in the womb not to mention he is big. She said for my situation, there are too many risks involved with trying to turn him. So that option is out.

I asked if she felt he still might turn on his own....she answered in a very nice positive way...but what I heard was NO. She said he does still have time, but again because of his size and my tight tummy (sorry, this will probably be the last time in my life I can say that!) the odds of him turning are low, but he still could.

With all this being said - I will have a c-section unless Garrett decides to flip on his own. My doctor wants to schedule it for April 2nd or 3rd which would be 39 weeks of pregnancy. Since Jackson came at 37 weeks, the odds of me going into labor around 37 weeks is likely. If I do go into labor on my own, I would just have an emergency c-section.

0 comments: