Thursday, October 21, 2010

Preschool Pumpkin Patch

Today was Costume & Pumpkin Patch Day at Jackson's preschool.  Parents were invited to go to the pumpkin patch with their child at their class' time slot.  

As I am getting my camera ready to bring to Jackson's school, I looked at my memory card to see if I needed to delete pictures that have already been uploaded to my computer, but were taking up memory on my camera.  It was at that moment I realized I had not taken one single picture with my real camera in 2 weeks.  I have taken some from my phone, but those shouldn't count because the quality is so poor.

I used to take pictures daily. 
I used to blog. 
I used to have motivation to take pictures.   

Blogging is a lot to keep up.  I often felt like it was a job.  However, I don't write in a baby book for the boys.  My blog has always been my documentation, so I feel like it is something I need to do for them and myself.  When I realized I had not taken pictures of the boys in two weeks, I knew it would only get worse.  Two weeks will become four weeks, four weeks will become six weeks.........

I feel like I have so much catching up to do, which is overwhelming, but I have to start somewhere.  At the beginning of September, Jackson started preschool.  He goes Tuesday & Thursday from 9:00-2:00.  It has been wonderful!  He LOVES it!  That brings me to the title of this blog post, Preschool Pumpkin Patch. 






4 comments:

Marla said...

I was just telling Geoff today how I don't think I have taken pictures of Grace in 2...maybe even 3 weeks! It made me/makes me cringe/so sad because they are weeks I won't get back. Not that I'll ever even look back and say, "Man! I didn't take pictures for 2 weeks that year!" But still. They grow so fast. I have like 10 blog posts I need to get to, but have been putting it off. Every day I say, "Tonight I will do it." Then don't!

Anyway- just writing all of that jibber jabber to say, I totally feel ya.

Anonymous said...

I so know how you feel. Ever since we moved into our house in May, I have so not done any blogging. I feel like there is so much to do and the worst part is that I don't have kiddos that take up my time. I promise myself everynight to do a blog and nothing. Instead my mind is taken over by the pointless, numerous reality shows that are on TV.

I just love when I get a new blog from you b/c I get to witness how a great mom works. You are a very good mother Kelli. And I only hope one day I am as devoted to my kids as you are. You are doing a great job. And keep up with the blogging because you have a beautiful family.

Robyn Meza

Bam Bam said...

I was so happy this morning to get an email notification that there was a new blog posted from you!!!

I was hoping you would be able to get back to blogging. I love reading your blogs and seeing the pictures of all of you. I know it's a lot of work on your part, but it's a great documentation of your daily life. Like you've said before, "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things".

I Love You Sweetie,
Mom

Kristin said...

Cute pictures!! Glad your back blogging! I think we have all been slacking! I too need to do better about blogging and taking more pictures!!